Sunday, February 19, 2012

Really Cute !

Yes ugly but loveable, I always have the soft spot for Lophophoras or peyotes and when I saw a nice one I just had to get it.  Labelled as a Lophophora Williamsii var japan, this one is pretty big about the size of a tomato measuring about 2 1/2 inches in diameter.


Lophophora Williamsii aka Peyote




I was happy with my find but it was not over ..... while buying some plastic pots for my plants, I saw this Lophophora Diffusa. It was not large .... it was humongous !!!

The 2 1/2 inch Peyote was a dwarf compared to this big guy. Standing at a hefty 6 inches above ground it is roughly the size of a honey pineapple. I have never imagined they would grow to this size.... and best part there are yes I counted 11 babies on it.



Lophophora Diffusa

 


No comments:

Post a Comment