Sunday, November 27, 2011

Begonias

Browsing the nurseries at Thomson, I saw two pot of not so healthy plants left at the corner of one of the nurseries. They look weak but the leafs caught my eye. I didn't know what they were and have never seen anything like this before. I asked if they were for sale and paid $30 for both of them althought the owner could not tell me what they were. I was curious and tried googling with whatever description of the plant I could think of. The web pointed me to a local garden forum GCS where there is a group ov avid and knowledgable begonia growers. I have since found out that this is an angel leaf begonia and gone on to collect several more colourful specimens of this plant. Ang Mo Kio Nursery and Terrascapes are excellent places to source for begonias.





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment